Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 2.

So I'm on day 2.  Not really feeling or seeing a difference but I'm not losing faith.  Just off to a slow start.  I've been having all sorts of crazy cravings though.  Not because I'm hungry, but because I know I can't have it.  I really want some popcorn.  And rice.  And coffee.  ugh.  No carbs, no sugar, and no coffee is going to make me go insane.  I'm going to fight through it though I have a goal and this is a necessary change. 

I'm doing pretty good so far though. I've been to the gym 4 times this week, and I'm going again tomorrow.  I also started my B-12 shots today.  I'm going to Southampton Health Services.  Today they weighed me and figured out my BMI. Then we discussed goals.  I told the nurse that my goal is 145, which is what I'm supposed to be for my height.  I'm supposed to be between 135 and 145.  But I've decided that 145 is a comfortable weight for me.  Anything less might look weird. Next week I go back to pick up the water pill and appetite suppressant.  These will aid in the weight loss.  Water pill will help me retain less water and get rid of whatever water I have in my body right now.  The appetite suppressant is pretty self explanatory and will hopefully kill the cravings along with my desire to snack.   I'm hoping that this regimen will give me the extra push I need to lose the weight.  A few of the nurses there were once patients and they said it worked wonders for them.  One of the nurses showed me a picture of her from last October when she was 275. She's 175 right now.  My results probably won't be that extreme but at least I know it works and that achieving a weight loss goal is possible. As long as I stick to the prescribed diet, keep working out, and stay positive I know I'll get to where I want to be.

I'm anxious to see how this B-12 things works out.  I'll know more in a few days.  I'll keep you all posted on the pending progress and all that good stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Very informative and the suspense is killing me. I want to know what happens next,lol

    ReplyDelete