Friday, January 21, 2011

Coming up with titles is hard.

So I've decided that I'm not going to post everyday.  Sometimes I don't have very much to say but mostly its just super annoying lol.  But anywho, I am writing today because I forgot to include some helpful weight loss tips I got the other day. 

Tip #1: Preparation H.  Some of you have already heard of using preparation H to cut some inches off.  What I've been told before was to put it on my stomach with some Saran Wrap.  Its supposed to tighten up the skin or something.  Sounds gross but its helped a lot of people I know get through weigh ins with only a short amount of time to do it.  So, the new tip was to use the Preparation H but to put it in my lotion.  Use it all over, and the lotion covers up the smell.  Its supposed to keep the skin tight during weight loss.  A lot of people have a problem with loose skin after losing weight.  This is supposed to minimize that.  Still sounds gross, but I'm thinking about trying it.  What's the worse that can happen?

Tip #2: Cold Water.  I usually just drink room temperature water.  I've just never one of those people that need cold water. Room temp is fine with me, doesn't really matter.  But I was told that cold water is better for weight loss.  The body has to work to warm it up to move it through your system. While its doing this, you're burning calories.  FOR FREE! lol So I am not more of a ice cold water person now.

There were more but I was in with the doctor when the nurse was out in the lobby talking to everyone.  I came in at the end of the conversation so only caught these 2.  I wish i would have been there for the rest of them though.

Today I had some Starbucks.  Not my usual though.  What I usually get is a Grande Caramel White Chocolate Mocha.  Oh so delicious but 470 calories! uh wow. My diet says I can have black coffee with artificial sweetener.  Since I think black coffee is disgusting, I decided to try something.  I ordered a Grande Skinny 2 Splenda Caramel Macchiato.  All of the skinny drinks  at Starbucks have 130 calories.  Its sugar free, no whip cream, and uses non fat milk.  It wasn't bad at all.  Splenda has a bit of an after taste but it was bearable.   I'm not going to drink it all the time, but I decided to allow myself to have coffee on duty days, and weekends.  But only if I'm already out and about.  I won't leave just to have one.  And since I don't really go anywhere or do anything on weekends, it won't be too often.  So tomorrow I think I'm going to try a skinny vanilla latte.  We'll see how that goes. Even if its gross, I hope it gets me through my duty day.

This diet is tough but I have to be able to make it my own or I'll never make it through.  It doesn't say I can have milk but it also doesn't say I can't.  Non-fat milk doesn't really have anything bad in it.  Doesn't taste nearly as good as whole milk but it serves a purpose.   We'll see how it works out. 

I went to the gym a total of 4 times this week.  I feel like 3 of those 4 times were productive.  I'm trying to work my way to 10 times a week.  That works out to be twice a day, 5 times a week.  I think that's reasonable.  I'll get there one day.  Next week I want to make it to the gym 5 times a week. 

So I have some weight loss tips, a solution to my coffee problem, and my next goal.  We'll see what happens from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment