Sunday, March 13, 2011

UPDATE: 25 lbs worth of progress.

So its been entirely too long since my last update.  I was down 10 lbs last time.  Now, I'm down...........drum roll please...............................25 lbs!!!!!!  I still have a ways to go to reach my goal. But 25 lbs is a big accomplishment. The difference is very noticeable now. 

I went home to Orlando in January.  At that point I was 189, and in complete denial about what size I actually was.  I didn't realize how bad it was until I saw a few pictures from when my family and I went to disney.  This is me, standing somewhere in disney, shoving handfuls of popcorn in my mouth.
Let's point out a few points here.  Starting from the top, fat face. You can actually see what my sleeve through my jacket, which is a bit snug.  Extra large Star Wars shirt with giant boobs and belly stuffed inside. Jeans, way tight. Needless to say, this is a bit embarrassing but I had to see and share in order to truly appreciate the progress I've made.  So, I put on this same shirt and pair of pants to show the difference between fat Jen and not so fat Jen.

So, as you can see, this outfit looks a lot different without an extra 25 lbs stuffed in it.  The pants still fit because of the material, but there is wiggle room now.  They don't bunch up anywhere.  The shirt actually fits the way it is supposed to and doesn't make everyone on the shirt look like Jabba the Hutt. And there is not belly over pants going on.

Next up,  a picture from Animal Kingdom.
I don't really think i need to explain this one but yeah.  I'm not really sure why I insisted on wear my jacket.  I mean i love it and everything but it shouldn't have had to work so hard.  It fits a lot more better now, and i'm sure appreciates the weight loss as much as the pants, shirt, and I do.



These pants fit a whole lot better now.  I actually have to pull them up to my belly button, even though they are hip huggers, in order for them to fit properly.  I don't know what I would do without my belt. 

I still have some more weight to lose. But the biggest and most important thing is that last yeah when I was trying to lose the weight the first time, I hit my plateau at 16 lbs lost, 167 lbs.  I have passed that points in both weight lost and current weight.  I'm sure I'll hit another plateau, but I know that it is possible to move past it and continue to my goals.  Weigh ins are April 18th I think so I have a few more weeks.  I'm at 164 right now and I need to be 156 or lighter with PT clothes on to be within standards.  I'm very confident that I'll be able to reach that goal.  Remember, my ultimate goal is 145-150.  But it is within my reach now.  4 more pounds and I reach the first goal I set for myself, 160, so I'll be able to go back to the doctor and get on the list for my breast reduction.

In the meantime,  I am sticking to my diet plan.  Fewer carbs, little to no sugar, and portion control.  I've been doing really good at the sugar part, but the carbs get me every time.  Damn you carbs, why are you so friggen delicious.  Losing the weight has also helped me be able to do a lot more in the gym.  My leg hasn't been bothering me as much lately since there isn't as much weight being put on it.  I was even able to run around a bit last week.  I went out and played a little softball.  Running was a little weird because I hadn't done it in so long.  It hurt, but now that I've tried it, I know I'll be able to do it with no problems soon.  Just want to give all those doctors a giant eff you, when I'm able to run and they said I'd never be able to.

I'm very proud of myself, and I'm going to keep going until I reach my goal.  I don't want to have to do this again, and i definitely don't want to have any more pictures like that.  That's all for now, thanks for reading. :)

1 comment: